Friday, December 29, 2006

Les Homards de Noël à la Mia (Mia's Christmas Lobsters)

Les Homards de Noël à la Mia de la Belgique

Mia is a good friend of mine living in the beautiful country of Belgium. We were chatting on line today and she shared with me the photo you see above. This is the plate she prepared for her family for Christmas and what a present indeed! Just looking at it makes me crave seafood!

Let me tell you the basics of how she prepared this culinary delight, but I have to warn you: I don't have the measurements. Sorry, but it's not easy getting details via IM. But, you're pretty smart. I'm sure you can "eyeball" the right portions.

She tells me that the first step was to place the live lobster in a court bouillon (or "short boil"), a light stock mixed into plenty of water usually used to quick boil seafood. Her salt free recipe consisted of


So, after they turned to a rose color, she sauteed them with about 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and then added 1 bottle of white wine.

She reduced the sauce and then added 250 ml of cognac (no less than 3 stars, she insists) and then set it a flame "a la flambé"! And, voila!! Enjoy!




No comments: